Well, it’s that time again – Espresso Shots From Your Truth Barista!
If you don’t know what Espresso Shots are, they’re mostly random thoughts that pop into my head throughout the day as I study God’s word, read through the wild ‘n wacky news cycle, and surf social media.
They’re my observations and mullings, sometimes by inspiration from God and others when my snarky side lets loose. (Can those two things abide in the same body?)
Go here to read about the genesis of the Deep Thoughts: Espresso Shots From Your Truth Barista from the Frothy Thoughts Blog.
And here we go.
Espresso Shots from your Truth Barista
· God’s word is not only the sword of the Spirit but also the Scalpel of the Spirit.
· As they said in the 60s, "Black is beautiful." I agree. So are all the other hues because God created them. Isn't He amazing?
· For those fixated on skin color as the means to determine race: "A group of people identified as distinct from other groups because of supposed physical or genetic traits shared by the group. Most biologists and anthropologists do not recognize race as a biologically valid classification, in part because there is more genetic variation within groups than between them." Source – "race." American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. 2011. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company 15 Sep. 2021. Guess you're going to have to find another way to categorize people. May I suggest character?
· Rioting Against Racism: Because stealing and burning stuff makes everything all right. (Yeah, just a little snark there…)
· If we’re to be required to provide proof of vaccination to participate in society, then politicians should be required to provide proof of biblical morality, intelligence, and knowledge of our founding documents to participate in Congress.
· If you walk like a Marxist/Communist and talk like a Marxist/Communist and act like a Marxist/Communist, then maybe you ARE a Marxist/Communist. Remember, admitting you have a problem is the first step on the road to recovery.
· I've heard calls for the police to be abolished. Why have I not heard calls for criminals to be abolished?
· The best words for me to hear from my grandkids at the start of a new day – "Good morning, Papa!!" I wonder if God feels the same way?
· Observation: What you're seeing now in today’s political climate is the demand for your total and unconditional allegiance by the Democratic party and the Leftist movement. Evidence: Those who do not acquiesce are vilified, attacked, and canceled. Conclusion: God asks for your total and unconditional allegiance without vilifying, attacking, or canceling you into giving it to Him. This is the difference between the world and the Lord.
· Fellow Christians, we are NOT at the point of armed rebellion. Far from it! Peaceful protest, yes. Violent reactions, no. Remember, frustration breeds anger. Deal with your frustration and your anger will fade. Yes, resist and work against cancelation and the rising tide of political and cultural persecution. But understand this. We are being provoked to give the powers that be a reason to take it to another level, a level you don't want to go to. Be wise. Even if we're put in a really bad position (and don't think it can't happen here...), Apostle Peter had good guidance for us from the persecuted Christians in the Roman Empire: “Who then will harm you if you are devoted to what is good? But even if you should suffer for righteousness, you are blessed. Do not fear them or be intimidated, but in your hearts regard Christ the Lord as holy, ready at any time to give a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you. Yet do this with gentleness and reverence, keeping a clear conscience, so that when you are accused, those who disparage your good conduct in Christ will be put to shame. For it is better to suffer for doing good, if that should be God’s will, than for doing evil” (1 Peter 1:13-17)
· Many voices are prophesying what God will do. I don't doubt that God CAN do those things, but I have the right and responsibility to question whether those people have actually heard from God. Remember, we are told, “Don’t stifle the Spirit. Don’t despise prophecies, but test all things. Hold on to what is good” (1 Thessalonians 5:19-21).
· The Facebook newsfeed always asks me, "What's on your mind, Jay?" Lots.
· If a President has to win by deceit and coercion, he will rule by deceit and coercion.
· Funny how those in power today want to manufacture a utopia for their own benefit. It is not a YOU-topia, it is a ME-topia for them and them alone.
· Some who have departed God still go to church. (see Jeremiah 7:1-11)
· I’m a Jesus-supremacist.
· Beethoven's 5th symphony is funny if you sing, "I want a beer" to the theme. (You’re doing it right now, aren’t you?)
And there you go.
Until next time.
Pastor Jay Christianson
The Truth Barista, Frothy Thoughts